Thank you for reading our family’s journey to adoption!
At the beginning of our marriage, like most newlyweds, Matthew and I would frequently dream about our family’s future. Our conversation would often include a debate about how many children we would have – he said 2 and I said 4! Even though we may have disagreed about the number, one thing we knew from the beginning was that we both loved children and our desire was to build a loving and supportive family for as many children as the Lord would bless us with. As we began trying to build our family, we were unexpectedly faced with infertility issues. I won’t lie, it was a real struggle for us to face a diagnosis of “unexplained infertility”; but, we clung to our promise that the Lord had a future and a hope for our family. Filled with the Lord’s grace and strength, we pressed forward. After three years and of a variety of fertility treatments, we were overjoyed when we found out that we were finally pregnant… with identical twins! We have been beyond blessed to start our family with our two amazing girls but during our struggle with infertility, our hearts were opened to adoption as we realized that God had given us a desire to love children beyond our own biological children. As we have continued to dream about growing our family, we have known that God is calling adoption to be a part of our family’s story someday. Over the years, we have prayed and thought about adoption a lot, waiting on the Lord’s direction and timing. We are so excited to announce that NOW is the time for our family to grow through adoption!
Our family will be adopting a newborn, either a boy or girl, from within the United States. We are working with a handful of adoption agencies and attorneys, eagerly awaiting the opportunity to match with a birth family. Once matched, we will excitedly prepare for the arrival of our child and we can’t wait for the day we finally bring them home to our family. One significant hurdle we must overcome to bring our child home is financing the cost of the adoption. The estimated total cost for our adoption is $50,000. While that’s a large number, we are believing that the Lord can supply for our need and he is able to do more than we can imagine! As our family journeys forward, we are asking that you consider partnering with us in one or two ways –
1. Prayer – Please join us in praying for:
· Health and safe keeping for the birth momma and baby
· God to order our steps through every part of the process
· Above all else, that God is glorified through our adoption journey. We’ve always known our family story is bigger than just us and we want to be able to share God’s love with the birth mother and family.
2. Financial – A local church in our area, Christ Church of Normal, has partnered with Lifesong for Orphans and committed an Adoption Matching Grant of $3,000 to help with our adoption expenses. Will you please consider making a tax-deductible donation to help us meet this matching grant and go above and beyond to cover the remaining amount needed for our adoption expenses to bring our child home? Our goal date is March 31, 2021, but funds will be accepted towards our adoption until the child is in our home and/or our adoption is complete.
Our family’s story has not been typical but we are thankful for our struggles and the Lord’s perfect timing that has led us through this journey because above all else, we have learned that children are a gift. We absolutely love being parents to our girls – all the princesses, dress up, and giggles make our home filled with lots of love and laughter! We love seeing our girls grow and interact with the world around them and we can’t wait to add another child to join in all our fun! We greatly appreciate your support and prayers for our family!
Matthew, Jordan, Madilyn, & Mikaela
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Weber 09125”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.