Our little superhero is just waiting for his buddy to come home. Tate Isaiah is 3 years old and was born in northern China. From the moment we saw his amazing smile, we could not get him out of our hearts. Through a story only God could write, Tate will be our son in the next few months.
We are the parents to 7, soon to be 8 children. That is where the Tatemakes8 theme came from. God brought us to adoption over 12 years ago, when our precious daughter Tessa came home from China. From the moment we held her in our arms, our perspective of the verse in James 1:27 changed forever. We were able to see God’s amazing plan for orphan children.
We anticipate to travel in mid-summer to bring Tate home. Everyone is excited, but none more than our 4 year old son Truett. Truett loves superheroes and has determined that he is Superman and Tate will be Batman. We cannot wait to see all that God has planned for these young boys lives.
Our family has been blessed by our relationship with an organization known as Chosen and Dearly Loved. They were first introduced to our family, during our adoption in 2016. Catherine has an amazing heart for special needs adoption and works tirelessly to help united families.
Chosen has graciously awarded our family a matching grant for $3,500. This is a huge blessing and will go a long way towards bringing Tate home. But we need your help to make all of this possible. Each dollar donated, up to $3,500 will be matched by Chosen and Dearly Loved. The donations will be used specially for our adoption and help provide the necessary funds for our travel and in country expenses. Funds are administered by Lifesong for Orphans. When making a donation by check, please make sure to indicate our family account number in the memo line.
Currently, we still need to raise $15,000. We have a lot of fun activities planned to help tell our story and fundraise for our adoption. We would ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with us to bring Tate home.
Specific Prayer Concerns:
1) Please pray for Tate as he waits for his family. Life will change dramatically for him overnight. We pray his little heart can be open to bond with his family.
2) Also, please pray that God will lead us in our fundraising efforts. With three adoptions in just two years, our funds are limited. But we know that He will provide, as He has before.
3) Pray for our anxious hearts that long to hold our son.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Harlow 7640”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.