When we began praying for a child over 3 years ago, we thought it would be a quickly answered prayer. Little did we know this prayer would remain unanswered for over 3 years, and we did not know at the time that it would lead us to this journey of adoption. More importantly, we did not know that during these 3 years of praying, we would encounter God in a whole new way. We had no idea we would experience His love, grace, and provision to such depths.
God has used this road to refine our marriage and strengthen our foundation in Him, knowing it is upon this foundation we will build our family. In times of doubt or discouragement, God reminds us of His love and our personal adoption as His children. He reminds of our longstanding vision of what our family portrait might look like - the image He used in both of our minds independently that lead us to pursue adoption in the first place.
We are very grateful that God lead us to this path of adoption and has been guiding us step-by-step. The path has been long, and we do not know how much longer it will be, but we have relied on Truth and the Lord for strength. Deuteronomy 31:8 reminds us "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."
We trust God has chosen our future child(ren), and we will, therefore, wait on His timing and provision. We are pursuing domestic infant adoption, which is very expensive due to legal fees, medical fees, and home study fees. We have been lead to domestic adoption to pursue families "in our own backyard," and to infant adoption not only to begin learning to parent together from the first stages of life but also to be able to shepherd this child from their very first days on earth.
Through the power of community, many have asked how they can help:
1) The first answer is PRAYER! We pray daily for our future child, his or her birth mother and family, and for God to continue preparing us to become parents. Will you partner with us in these prayers? We pray God is glorified every step of the way, and we pray we are able to build a relationship with a birth mother and display God's love abundantly to her.
2) Give financially to our adoption fund. We trust in God's provision and continue to steward our funds carefully, but also know God works through His body to make His plans happen. Will you help us make this adoption happen?
We can't wait for the day we know our child(ren), and for you to me him/her/them! We look forward to the day we can tell our child of your prayers and contribution. We truly cannot thank you enough for helping us bring to life the vision the Lord has given us for adoption!
What the funds can/will go towards
– Medical costs for birth mother & infant, including prenatal care
– Care for birth mother as needed
– Legal fees
– Consultancy fees
– Matching agency fees
– Home Study and Home Study renewal fees
– Travel expenses (baby will not be born in GA)
1) Give online by clicking the red DONATE NOW button in the top right.
- An online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction) will be deducted from your donation.
2) Send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Rodgers 7127”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
- 100% of your donation will be given to our fund.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Rodgers 7127”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.