The Puryears are adopting from Colombia! Join us on this journey!
We – David, Anna, Eli, and Joy – are so very exited to welcome a little one (or siblings!) to our family from Colombia, South America. Going back nearly 15 years, God has impressed on both of our hearts, Anna and David, a desire to adopt. Right before we started dating, we attended an adoption fundraiser together and as both of our eyes filled with tears, we looked at each other. We KNEW just as God has adopted us as children, we hoped to one day give even one ounce of this same love to a child or a set of young siblings.
We have planned and prepared for years to adopt and God has now opened that door for our family. This will be about a 2 year journey pre-adoption and a lifelong journey after we bring our little one home. We need lots of help along the way! We need…
1. Your Prayers – We need the prayers of our friends and family. In the coming months and years all of the following is coming our way – paperwork, home study, interviews, fundraising, international travel, training, legal documentation, and more. Pray that God would have his hand in every step of the process – He already has!
2. Your Help and Support – From the adoptive parents we know, the question is always the same – “Do you have a strong support system around you?” Thankfully, we do! We have family, friends, and an incredible church that are right beside us every step of the way. We ask that along this journey you help us, be present with us, and eventually join us in loving and caring for our new child.
3. Your Financial Support – Not only is this journey long, it is expensive. In total, the cost of international adoption from Columbia is ~$45,000. We hope to raise $30,000 to make this adoption possible. Amazingly, we have already been awarded a matching grant of $8,000 from Josiah’s Adoption Fund and Lifesong for Orphans – the first $8,000 gifted will be matched dollar-for-dollar by these two incredible organizations! If you are able, any of financial support you can provide to help us reach our goal is greatly appreciated! Your support goes not just to the many itemized costs of this process, but ultimately to give a child a forever family.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction)*. Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Puryear 10120”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.
- *3.5% fee for donations given with an American Express card