Welcome to our page! Thank you so much for taking time to learn about our story. We are deeply grateful. We are excited to share with you our story, as well as how you can join us in our adoption journey!
Getting married, we were so excited to become parents. It was something we had always hoped for, and the anticipation continued to grow as we awaited our wedding day. Months after we were married, it started to become evident that we were struggling to conceive. After many doctor visits, we found out that Kylie had advanced endometriosis. After a few surgeries, one being quite extensive, we were given a 50% chance of conceiving. As the next few years past, with no luck in conceiving, we realized that the Lord may be inviting us to be parents in a different way…perhaps, through adoption. The more we prayed and talked through this option, the more we were convicted that this was where the Lord was inviting us.
Experiencing the ups and downs of this journey has opened our hearts to be more receptive and compassionate to others. We have a desire to love and care for children, and we see adoption as an invitation to enter more deeply into this calling. We are truly blessed by the opportunity to welcome a child into our home through adoption. As we enter this new journey, we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
How can you join in supporting our adoption journey?
1. Learn More – We would love for you to come to know our adoption story and how you can help support our journey.
2. Donate – Please prayerfully consider supporting us financially.
3, Refer – If you know someone who would be interested in supporting us, please send them our page!
4. Pray – Please pray for us! Please pray specifically for all those involved in the adoption process, especially for the expectant parents and their child. We are praying that the Lord may bless this journey abundantly!
We have also provided an FAQ below for more information about:
· When will you be matched?
· Why the Lifesong Fundraising Platform?
· Match donations from businesses
· Adoption Cost Breakdown
We are truly blessed and honored by your prayers and support to make this adoption possible. By reaching these fundraising goals in a timely manner, you make it possible for us to pursue this adoption without taking on a large financial debt. We will continue to move forward in confidence in the Lord’s provision. By joining us you will not only be making a positive lasting difference in our lives, but also the lives of all of those touched through this adoption story!
God Bless, John & Kylie
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you be matched?
We have been matched! The expectant mother is due April 9th.
Q: Why are you using the Lifesong Fundraising Platform?
We are incredibly blessed and grateful to have received a $10,000 matching grant from Lifesong for Orphans! Additionally, their platform ensures 100% of your donation will go directly to our adoption fund.
** Please scroll to the bottom of the page for tax information and instructions to donate by check.
Q: My company has a matching donation program. Does a donation to this adoption fund qualify for a match?
Yes! Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. If a contact name and/or email is needed for the matching gift entry, please use Rachel Bliese (email@example.com).
** Please note: You must include “Potts 10026” in the memo or description to ensure your donation is credited to our account. Thank you!
Q: Why this amount of money? Where does the money go?
· $7,900 – Adoptive Parent Colorado Agency Fee(s) * Adoptive Parent Application Fee, Initial Home Study & Ongoing Updates, Education & Programming, Local Placement Legal & Logistics, Local Case Worker Mileage.
· $3,400 – Adoptive Parent Consultant Agency Fee(s). *1-1 partnerships with a Consultant, Direct Education, & Financial resources (experts in the fields of navigativing inter-racial adoption, open adoption with birth mom, post-adoption counseling) and inter-agency networking & adoptive parent advocacy (consultant has connections with out-of-state agencies that need prospective adoptive parents/no waiting pools)
· $45k-50k – Out-of-State Placement Agency & Birth Parent Fee(s). * This fee can vary from case to case but includes things like a social worker, mileage for social worker, birth mom medical needs, and financial assistance during pregnancy.
· $4,000 – Adoptive Parent Travel Expenses. * These costs will allow us to fly to and from Florida – once to meet the expectant parents & then again once the baby is born. We also need to live in Florida for 1-2 weeks, until we become legal guardians of their baby.
· $2,000 – Adoption Finalization (Legal) Expenses. * Depending on the state and what is involved in the adoption finalization process, this amount will vary.
· $200 – Adoptive Parent Profile Book Fee. * This is a digital book and physical copies provided to Out-of-State agencies as a resourse to help birth mom meet and get to know us, to facilitate and discern a potential match for placement.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction)*. Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Potts 10026”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
· In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
· Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.
· *3.5% fee for donations given with an American Express card