In April of 2020 I began to feel we were to begin the process of adopting our next little one(s) while listening to Ted Youman’s (our adoption attorney) share his heart about adoption. It was in that moment that my heart began to once again break for Birth Mothers and I began to long for another little one(s) to join our family. I say one(s) because we do not want to limit God and will gladly welcome however many little ones he has for us! I talked to Tom and he was in agreeance that it was time to start pursuing our new little love(s). Our prayer from that moment on was that the Lord would change our hearts in the process of this adoption. We vowed that when given an adoption situation to not only pray for the Birth Mom and little one but to also pray for the other couples she was considering as well. After being matched with Noah & Norah, we now know the importance of God’s timing and the right fit. We love being a part of praying for matches he created to come into fruition. We also pray for that match, the new family God created (Birth mom, little one and adoptive parents) until we are given a new adoption situation. Throughout this process our hearts have changed and now when we hear a Birth Mom has chosen a family, we rejoice!
On 6/8/20 my alarm went off at 4:00AM. I woke up so confused as to why my alarm was going off. I had just awoken from a very vivid dream filled with specifics about our upcoming adoption. I believe the Lord wanted us to remember that dream and hold onto what I felt he spoke through the dream. It has led us to pray specifics for the little one(s) he has for us. I’m so thankful he has let us in on the process of what he is doing. That dream has given us hope that even when we can’t see it, we know he is working. It has helped lead us and comfort our hearts. So now we wait, but this time we wait with patience and anticipation knowing that God’s timing is perfect and he is in the midst of writing another beautiful adoption story for our family.
We can’t wait to share with you as God unfolds another beautiful story. We would love if you could partner with us in prayer.
· Please pray for our Birth Mom, that the Lord would give her peace, comfort, strength, support and that he would provide for her every need.
· Please pray for our little one(s) that the Lord would watch over them and keep them safe. That they would develop fully and perfectly and that they would continually feel his comfort and peace.
· Please pray that the Lord would begin to prepare our Birth Mom’s heart and that he would lead and guide her steps. That when she reads our profile that she would just know that we are the family for her little one(s).
· Please pray for instant connections and deep relationships/bonds between us and our Birth Mom and our new little one(s).
Thank you for coming along side of us in prayer for our adoption journey. We fully believe that prayer changes things! We have also been awarded a $4,000 matching grant from Karis Adoption Fund, administered by Lifesong for Orphans, which we are so incredibly thankful for. If you feel led, please click on the link to give towards our adoption. We love and appreciate each of you!
Casey, Tom, Noah & Norah Kowatch
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Kowatch 09214”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.