Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you all for taking the time to visit this page to learn more about our story and how God is calling us to adopt. We definitely never pictured ourselves here, but that shows how the Lord’s plans are not our own, and how his Sovereign ways are perfect.
We have felt the Lord calling us to be parents for many years now. We began trying to start a family 4 1/2 years ago, through prayers and various treatments the Lord continued to our answer with “not yet”. This answer has brought hardship and growth in both of us, but through this journey, our desire to have a family has grown. As we have walked with God in this trial of yearning, He has guided us in the direction of adoption. Through adoption, we are excited to provide love and a home to the child the Lord has for us.
We love you all and are thankful for the love and community you have been to us. We are excited to welcome our baby into this community to meet you all. Below are a few areas that we would love for you to pray about.
1. Endurance – as we wait on the Lord’s timing of finding the baby He has called us to adopt.
2. Preparation – as we seek to prepare for a new little Bazzel.
3. Wisdom – as we become parents.
4. Finances – adoption can be expensive so we are seeking opportunities in the form of grants and support raising. Please pray that God would open the doors for us financially in this journey. If the Lord puts on your heart to support us financially we would greatly appreciate it! We have been awarded $10,000 in matching grants from the Matthew 6 Foundation + Lifesong for Orphans Adoption Funds. We are so thankful for this gift and the beginning of the Lord’s financial provision for us as we continue this journey.
We will be posting updates on this page – we do not have social media, so we would love for you to save this link. Hopefully, we will have news to share soon! 🙂
Matthew and Kelsey Bazzel
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction)*. Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Bazzel 10096”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.
- *3.5% fee for donations given with an American Express card