We are John & Caitlin Wojtasek. It’s wonderful to meet you!
We are inviting you to become a crucial part of our adoption story through your financial support. Because, in truth, this story is much bigger than just the two of us: It is also about a pregnant woman in need and her child who needs a home.
We know today there are so many great causes that ask for your financial support. You might even doubt whether your gift could make a substantial difference toward our overall goal. However, we believe you have an extraordinary role to play in this wild and beautiful story.
The truth is, we need your help, and here’s why:
A few years ago, our worst fears were confirmed: We cannot conceive biological children due to a genetic disorder. Over the years, we’ve struggled with the reality of our infertility, and grief, loss, and suffering have brought us closer as a couple. Yet, even though we still bear this hardship daily, we know the Lord has a beautiful plan in store for our family. In 2018, our adoption journey began as a response to this plan.
We see the opportunity to grow our family through adoption as a tremendous gift. Although it’s a scary and humbling one, it is also one we cannot wait to embrace. And this is where you come in.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Learn more about us and your role in our story.
2. Please donate and share our story to help extend our reach.
3. Pray for our birth mom, her child, all those involved in the adoption process, and so that we may successfully grow our family through adoption!
As soon as we reach half of our goal, we will be able to move forward and enter a nationwide adoption waiting pool (instead of being limited to our local state of Colorado). At that point, we will continue working to raise the rest of our goal to complete the adoption finalization process.
We have also provided an FAQ below for more information about:
• Why the Lifesong Fundraising Platform and how it works
• A breakdown of adoption costs
• Other questions not specifically covered here
We need your help to grow our family through adoption. If we can’t raise these funds, we will be unable to move forward in our adoption journey without taking on a considerable amount of debt.
However, we have confidence in God’s plan for us and the support of our loving community. When you join us and become a part of this journey, you transform the lives of all those involved in our adoption story.
Thank you for your support!
— John & Caitlin
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are you using the Lifesong Fundraising Platform?
We are incredibly blessed and grateful to have received a $5,000 matching grant from Lifesong for Orphans! Additionally, their fundraising platform ensures 100% of your donation will go directly to our adoption fund!
** Please scroll to the bottom of the page for tax information and instructions to donate by check.
Q: My company has a matching donation program. Does a donation to this adoption fund qualify for a match?
Yes! Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. If a contact name and/or email is needed for the matching gift entry, please use Jessica Ropp | email@example.com.
** Please note: You must include “Wojtasek 09572” in the memo or description to ensure your donation is credited to our account. Thank you!
Q: Why this amount of money? Where does the money go?
• $7,900 — Adoptive Parent Colorado Agency Fee(s). * Adoptive Parent Application Fee, Initial Home study & Ongoing Updates, Education & Programming, Local Placement Legal & Logistics, Local Case Worker Mileage.
• $4,100 — Adoptive Parent Consultant Agency Fee(s). * 1-1 partnership with a Consultant, Direct Educational & Financial resources (experts in the fields of navigating inter-racial adoption, open adoption w/ birth mom, post-adoption counseling), and inter-agency networking & adoptive parent advocacy (consultant has connections to out-of-state agencies that need prospective adoptive parents / no waiting pools).
• $40k-50k — Out-of-State Placement Agency & Birth Parent Fee(s). * This fee can vary from case to case but includes things like a social worker, mileage for social worker, birth mom medical needs, and financial assistance during pregnancy.
• $3,000 — Adoptive Parent Travel Expenses. * These costs will vary depending on which Out-of-State Agency John & Caitlin get matched with & will need to travel to (as well as live short term) until they become legal guardians of their baby.
• $2,000 — Adoption Finalization (Legal) Expenses. * Depending on the state and what is involved in the adoption finalization process, this amount will vary.
• $500 — Adoptive Parent Profile Book Fee. * This is a digital book and physical copies provided to Out-of-State agencies as a resource to help birth mom meet and get to know John & Caitlin to facilitate and discern a potential match for placement.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Therefore, your donations will be decreased by this amount.
You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans.” In the memo line, please write “Wojtasek 09572” to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.