Since the time we got married and began discussing children, adoption has always been on the table. As we felt the desire to grow our family, we prayed and asked if the time was right. After having 2 biological children, we believe our next child will be adopted. We are passionate and excited about inviting a child into our home. We have seen firsthand how adopting a child can literally transform a life. We want to be a part of that.
As we have journeyed so far, we have learned an awful lot. Adoption is messy. Whether you adopt an infant, from overseas, or through the foster care system, adoption means that something broke, a family is no longer together. Our desire and hope, is that God can use Gary and I to be a small part of a redemptive solution and somehow make whole what has been broken.
Apart from our desire, another motivation is Biblical conviction. It is clear from scripture that Christians are to care for the orphan (James). Adoption is also a clear picture of what God has done for us. He adopted us into His family, from death to a rich inheritance. We can image God by being a father to the fatherless, just as He is for us (Psalm 68). Also just like God, we desire for all to understand who God is (1 Timothy 2), and if being available and willing to wade these waters is an opportunity to do that, here we are, choose us!
We have seen the Lord confirm our call in many ways. When we were buying supplies for a fundraiser, someone stepped up and purchased them for us. When we sold some items online to raise funds, adult adoptees purchased some of the items and share their story with us. One shared with us “if it wasn’t for my adoptive parents, I would be in jail, on drugs, or dead.” And lastly as we applied for the Lifesong grant, we received $10,000 in matching dollars from Team 127!!! The Lord has been good and we await the story that will unfold.
The expenses of private adoption (not foster care) are steep. Between the services provided by the agency (mental, legal, practical) and the living and medical expenses of the bio-momma, average care costs are approximately $50,000. Currently, we are seeing an increase in homelessness and dire living situations which further drives cost up. Since Christ spared no expense to bring us into his family, paying the ultimate price of his life, we will spare no expense in bringing a child into our home. We want to invite you into that.
What these funds go toward:
Home Study- $1,800
Adoption Consultant- $4,200
Application Fees- $1,200
Agency Fee – $25,000
Legal Fees- $5,100
Living Expenses for Birth Mom- $10,600
Post Placement Visitation From Case Worker- $900
Travel Costs- $1,200
Ways to Pray
1. Pray this over us: Psalm 37: 4-6, “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”
This is a prayer for our current journey
This is a prayer for our adopted child
This is a prayer for our adopted child’s biological family
2. Pray we have the ability to learn what we need to know. There is so much information out there and we want to be diligent in learning what we need for the child God will place with us.
3. Pray for funds
4. Pray for community to support this call on our life
5. Please pray for the first family. We are not matched, so we don’t know who they are right now, but there is someone out there. Please pray for salvation, comfort, guidance. There might be a momma out there right now who isn’t sure if she will abort or not. Please just pray.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Christman 09696”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.