Dear Family and Friends,
Ephesians 1:3-7 tells of the incredible blessings that belong to God’s children in Christ Jesus. These blessings belong to the Christian because “In love [God] predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ.” Through the death and resurrection of Christ, by faith we are graciously and lovingly welcomed into God’s family with full rights and privileges of heirs to the kingdom.
It is because of the joy that we know as adopted children of God in Christ, that we have felt burdened to live out a picture of the Gospel by seeking to adopt a child into our family.
Our journey began with a burden God placed upon Lindsey’s heart even before we were married to meet the needs of vulnerable children with the love of Christ in adoption. After many years of prayer and much discussion, we both felt confident that international adoption was a way that our family could be obedient to the Great Commission, and to follow the heart of God for the fatherless (Deuteronomy 10:18).
In May, we began the application process to adopt a child from China. Our hope and prayer is that this child will be home with us within the next 18-24 months. Although we do not yet know who they are, we pray earnestly for them to be brought safely in as the next child and full heir in the Byrd family. But more importantly than that, it is our daily prayer that this child will be saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and that they will place their faith in him, having been adopted into the eternal family of God.
We would like to humbly ask you to join us in bringing this child home. You can do this in two ways:
1. Pray that God would first and foremost save this child by for the sake of the glory of his own name. Pray that God would prepare us even now to be disciple-makers of this child and to faithfully point them to Christ, with both our words and with our love. Pray that God would keep this child safe wherever they are. Pray that God would grant a smooth adoption process over the next several months.
2. Prayerfully consider making a donation to help bring our child home. The estimated cost of this adoption will be $25,000-35,000. As a family, we have currently saved approximately one-third of this cost. However, we know what a blessing it can be to others in the body of Christ to participate in this mission to take the gospel to the nations.
We have received a matching grant through Lifesong for Orphans. All donations we receive through our $5,000 goal will be matched dollar for dollar and 100% of the donation goes directly to our adoption. Donations are tax deductible and can be made:
· By Check (Preferred) - Please make checks payable to “Lifesong for Orphans.” In the memo, write “family account number, 9728” and “family name, Byrd” to assure it goes to the correct account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
· Online* - Click "Donate Now" on this page.
Thank you so much for supporting our family as we seek to display the Gospel of Jesus Christ in pointing to the joy of being chosen for adoption which all who have trusted in Christ know.
Landon and Lindsey Byrd
*Online donations are charged a processing fee through STRIPE (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). This amount will be deducted from your total donation.
Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to the named non-profit organization. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Byrd 09728”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 9, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.