Thank you for stopping by to learn more about our adoption! God has been preparing both of our hearts for this for a long time. We officially began our adoption journey March 27, 2018 and after months of paperwork and processes, we were matched with our sweet baby girl in October! We have chosen to name her Hazel and we cannot wait to meet her.
The driving force behind our hearts in pursuing adoption is that Jesus has adopted both Karl & I into His family and as a reflection of His love and what He has done for us, we want to follow His command to "care for the orphans." God loves every life. "Sar Ang Hae," means, "I love you," in Korean. And it is the deepest desire of our hearts to honor Him by loving all life well. Right now for us, that means loving a little life that is being nurtured and loved in a foster home in Korea.
We know that God has gone before us to pave a way to bring our next baby home. “For the God who calls you is faithful, and He can be trusted to make it so.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:24. We love that truth about The Lord and are clinging to it as we press on in this long process!
So how can you help us?
1) Pray! We are humbly asking for lots of prayers. Right now we are specifically asking for 3 things: -That God would provide the money needed to keep taking steps forward in this process -That God would provide our birth family with Godly support, health for our birth mom and baby and that our birth family would personally know The Lord or come to know The Lord through this pregnancy and adoption placement. -That God would prepare our hearts for this sweet baby
2) Give! We are also VERY humbly asking for money. I can hardly even type that without cringing. I have always said I would make a HORRIBLE sales person because I hate asking people for money. Anyways, this process is expensive. And we literally would not be able to do it without generosity from our friends and family. We promise to continue to be very transparent about the financial aspects of this. Every dime given will go directly towards agency and government fees to bring this baby home as well as necessary travel and third party expenses we incur. God has been so gracious to provide so much money for us and we are confident he will provide our remaining deficit. Overall, we expect this process to cost between $39,000-$54,000. There are a lot of variables to the cost.
3) Get involved! Love life with us! Jump in at your local pregnancy resource center to get the chance to sit knee-to-knee with a mom experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. What a hands-on way to get to minister to a woman in crisis! Her pregnancy may be unplanned for her, but not to God. Remind her of her value and worth to our Heavenly Father! Look to see if you have a local chapter of Embrace Grace- a church-based ministry that meets needs of first-time single moms in a real, tangible way. Invite a single mom over for a good meal or volunteer your time to babysit a friend that may have a special needs child and doesn't get much time away.
4) Share! Every prayer, every dime, every act of kindness towards a typically unseen person will bring glory and honor to God and that just delights our souls. Or Seouls. ;)
Thank you in advance for partnering with us to bring our 3rd baby home to Texas.
Karl & Hannah Burton
STRIPE charges an online processing fee (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount. You may also send a check payable to “Lifesong for Orphans”. In the memo line please write “Burton 8040”, to ensure it is credited to our account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to Lifesong for Orphans. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
- Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request.