Update February 2018: WE ARE MATCHED!!! W are thrilled to share that we have matched to adopt a baby boy, who is due June 2. We are overjoyed! Please help us receive or fill matching grant, by making a gift today. We are so grateful for your support!!
We are so excited to grow our family through adoption! Brad and I knew early on in our relationship that we wanted to have multiple children. God blessed us with a wonderful 8-year-old daughter, Lucy. Since then, growing our family has been a difficult, but meaningful path as we struggled through years of infertility. Along the way, it became clear to us that God was calling us to adopt. We have fostered several children, in hopes of adoption, but those children were successfully reunited with their families. More than anything, we want to adopt a child to join our family forever.
We are working with an adoption consultant to match with an expectant mother within the United States. We are currently home study approved and waiting to be selected. During this season of waiting, we would love to ask for your support. First, we ask you to pray specifically:
- For the brave expectant mom that is choosing life for this sweet baby. Pray that God gives her strength and courage as she navigates through this tough season of life. We already feel such love for her in our hearts.
- For the sweet little one who will be joining our family – we can’t wait to meet him or her!
- For our family to be patient and trusting, in the ups and downs of the adoption process. Pray for us to lean on God and not on our own understanding.
Second, we humbly ask you to come alongside us financially if you feel led. Adoption is an exciting journey, but the fees add up quickly. We have worked to save money and are applying for grants but know that our total fees could be between $25,000-$35,000. We are so thankful for the generosity of those who have contributed and for those who plan to contribute towards our adoption!
We are thrilled that the Karis Adoption Fund, administered by Lifesong for Orphans, has awarded us a $3,500 matching grant for our adoption fees. They will match, dollar for dollar, every donation we receive, up to $3,500! We would be so grateful if you would consider partnering with us financially to bring our baby home. You can make a tax-deductible gift towards this match in two ways:
- Make checks payable to: Lifesong for Orphans
- In the memo please write, Boersma #7355, to ensure your gift is credited to our fund
- Mail checks to Lifesong for Orphans P.O. Box 40 Gridley, IL 61744
By Credit Card:
- Click on the Donate Now button above and follow the instructions
- Please note that there is an administrative fee for online transactions (2.2% +.30 USD per transaction). Your donations will be decreased by this amount.
Thank you for your love and support, please know that we are so humbled and grateful! We are in awe of God’s provision thus far in this adoption journey and trust Him to provide for every emotional, physical, and financial need.
God bless you!
Brad and Mauralee Boersma
and Lucy 🙂
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
Tax-deductible donations are welcome from individuals and businesses.